Scallops Over Linguini with Aunt Cindy’s Roasted Garlic Gala
Quick to make
1 pound of sea scallops (12-16 scallops per pound)
4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 jar of La Famiglia DelGrosso Aunt Cindy’s Roasted Garlic Gala
1 pound of linguini
Salt and pepper to taste
Shrimp can be substituted for scallops. If using dried herbs, use 1 tsp of thyme and 1 1/2 Tbsp of basil. Another great sauce to serve with seafood is Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce.
• Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat.
• Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
• Brown scallops for two minutes on each side.
• Cook linguini according to package directions.
• Remove scallops and set aside.
• Reduce heat to medium.
• Add remaining olive oil to the pan and sauté the garlic and shallots until soft, stirring frequently so they don’t brown.
• Add white wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
• Add jar of sauce and chopped thyme. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add scallops and basil to the sauce. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
• Serve over linguini.